Thursday 3 March 2011

Today I did some research into the type of lighting I want in my scene and the type of textures I want my objects textured with. I found some suitable examples of the lighting I want and the textures and stuck them into my sketchbook and annotated them.


I created my last 3 objects today, which was a wall clock, stand for the car and a desk. 


I thought modelling the objects was quite easy because I am used to 3DS max now. There were a few problems that arose when I was modelling the clock though. One of the main ones was when I wanted to chamfer a certain edge it wouldn't let me and it wouldn't come up with the segments option in the chamfer menu no matter what I did.


The way I got around this problem was I used the move tool instead of chamfer to give it a slight curve but not as much as I wanted.


What I enjoyed most about today was modelling my clock. It was the most challenging model I have had to create out of all of them. So it took me just over 3 hours to complete the clock but I am very pleased with the outcome of today's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment